Bow legs are a prevalent congenital disease in which the thigh bone is bowed outward, usually at the level of the kneecap. The cause of bow legs is not well understood, but scientists believe that it may be related to abnormalities of cartilage and mesenchymal tissue developmental process. Onset can be as early as birth or before birth. Symptoms typically occur during childhood due to an increased growth rate in this area combined with poor muscle tone on one side and compression from another body part because of their abnormal shape.
Many people are uncomfortable with their height. Some struggle to find a shoe that fits, while others don’t want to wear shorts at the beach. But what if your height was due to something you were born with? Here’s the truth about living with bow legs. Just because you have this condition doesn’t mean it will affect your life too much. There are many ways in which bow legs correction exercises benefit people and can be seen as an attractive trait.
The truth about Bow Legs –
- For starters, you won’t have to get as many pairs of shoes as the average person. Also, many clothes, like dresses and skirts, don’t need to be altered for a bow leg.
- Since your legs aren’t stretched out to the sides or straight up and down, you can also achieve some great leg shapes. You might be surprised at what you can do with your legs regarding curls, folds, and lines. After all, a big part of fashion is about what you can do with your body to make it look good.
- You might be concerned that you won’t be able to run or play sports because of how your legs will react to the impact. Rest assured, bow legs aren’t necessarily an obstacle when playing sports. Many athletes have this condition, and they do just fine.
- Some people feel uncomfortable having bow legs. But the truth is that many people are willing to and do embrace the fact that they have bow legs. If you’re part of this group, you can be proud of being different, just like many other things about yourself. Proving that people with disabilities can still do something is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, your family, and society.
- You might be concerned that you’ll never get a boyfriend or girlfriend. There is no evidence to support this myth. You can be attractive and still have bow legs. It doesn’t mean that you should stop trying to find your soul mate, though, because everyone deserves love and someone special in their life.
- It’s good to have some limitations, whether they are physical or mental. This way, you can focus on your perfections rather than what’s wrong with you. Sure, you might have to get used to the fact that you can’t run fast, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t do things like most people.
- As with any disability, there will always be those trying to make your life more difficult. If someone is mistreating you because of your bow legs, it’s time for them to learn a lesson about how to talk about people with disabilities.
- Fashion is a world focused on looking beautiful and standing out from the crowd. If people aren’t looking at you because of your bow legs, they’re probably looking at someone else. Wear clothes that accentuate the positives about your figure and hide or fix the negatives. You’ll attract some attention when you flaunt what makes you beautiful and your flaws.
- The main thing is to remember that bow legs do not make you any less of a person than anyone else. You can learn to live with them and continue doing everything that you love to do in life. Also, it’s important to remember that you do not need to live with bow legs. Several surgical procedures can fix this type of defect.
- For starters, hinged kyphoplasty is a surgical procedure that involves replacing the damaged cartilage with new ones extracted from other parts of the body. The cartilage is shaped and placed in the joint space between the thigh and shin bones.
- To have this procedure, you will have to undergo anesthesia. Sutures may be required. Other complications that may occur are nerve damage, infection, and the inability to walk properly following the procedure. Make sure you consider all the details correctly to have a safe and secure lifestyle.
Bow legs are a prevalent condition, but not a serious one. Many people have it and do whatever they can to get their bow legs fixed so they can live everyday life. If you have bow legs, don’t let anyone tell you how to dress or look. Wear what makes you feel good when you’re out clubbing and socializing.